Description Hide Description- Show Description+
To celebrate 20 years of the Xi cutter, founder’s Kurt Van Keppel and Scott Almsberger have designed a limited edition cutter for the ultimate collector, the Xi3 Damascus. Brushed, stainless steel body and wings are paired with hand-forged stainless Damascus steel blades by the world-renowned Mike Norris in “Gator Skin” Damascus Pattern.
- Brushed stainless steel body and wings
- 150 layers of rolled stainless Damascus steel
- Stainless Damascus steel mixture of 19c-27, 302, and D2
- Flat-top TORX pivot adds strength and modern design
- Shagreen stingray sheath included to protect cutter when not in use; stingray is 25x more durable than cowhide leathers
- Certificate of Authenticity
What is Damascus steel?
Damascus steel originated in medieval times, where it was developed and processed to produce the sharpest cutting surface ever seen before. Damascus steel is created by hammer-welding strips of steel, followed by repeated heating, forging and folding of the steel. This process is performed numerous times, creating multiple layers of forged steel that produce distinctive patterns of banding and mottling, reminiscent of flowing water. Damascus steel is renowned not only for its appearance, but also for its flexibility, strength and razor-sharp edge.